New Dundee Public School is in the heart of New Dundee, Ontario; located at 1430 Bridge Street next to the park. We welcome students from Mannheim, New Dundee and surrounding areas.
The original school was built in 1928 by local skilled labour. Our hallways and classrooms are filled with generations of students dating back to these original tradesmen. We are very fortunate to have deep roots in our community. Several additions including a gymnasium have been added on over the years. In 2008, a beautiful office, staffroom, and workroom addition were also added. In 2013 we welcomed the addition of two new kindergarten classrooms with Full Day Kindergarten. Before and After School Programs are available for all our students. More information can be found at the Before and After School website.
We currently have 177 students from junior kindergarten to grade 6. Students returning to New Dundee P.S. after graduation often reflect on the friendliness and family feel of their former school. New Dundee School is also the home of Dundee Dragon, our well loved mascot.
Staff members work collaboratively to provide a welcoming, safe environment where students are encouraged to do their personal best. We strive to demonsrate PRIDE (Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Determination and Excellence).
We are a community school where parent and community involvement is much appreciated. New Dundee P.S. has supported many worthwhile charities in co-operation with the New Dundee Public School Council. We feel that it is very important to help others when we can!